|Six of the Most Powerful Approaches to Healing|
Six Approaches to Healing:
Our philosophy is that each person has his/her own unique healing path, and that just being on the healing path can be a very beautiful experience.
Many have fully recovered from panic disorder and agoraphobia, following many different paths and using a number of different approaches – or “modalities” – for healing.
For one person, the approach of cognitive-behavioral therapy may be all that is needed to achieve full recovery. For another, medication may be the answer. For a third, meditation and prayer may be the key to healing. And for a fourth, a combination of modalities may be needed for full recovery.
Here are six of the most powerful modalities for healing:
1) Education: understanding the condition
2) Physical: calming and balancing the body
3) Meditation: interpreted broadly, “meditation” includes prayer, guided imagery and relaxation techniques.
4) Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT): the only form of therapy widely proven to be effective
5) Medication: a powerful road to healing for many
6) Big Life Issues: identifying and healing from life issues related to the panic
Copyright © 2010, Triumph Over Panic, Inc. All rights reserved.
Triumph Over Panic, Inc. is affiliated with the Agoraphobia and Panic Disorder Foundation.